lørdag den 12. april 2014

Second day at Menlo High School

Wednesday the 9th of April

After a nice day in school I went to Stanford Shopping Mall with my two danish friends Anna and Camilla. Fortunately my sweet host-mom, who by the way had baked some delicious cupcakes for me the day before, was able to drive us there. Our hosts were busy at the time with homework, sport and etc. so it was nice to get the opportunity to do some more shopping. Stanford Shopping Mall is a beautiful outdoor area with many lovely stores. The areal is owned by Stanford University, hence the name.

Shopping with Anna and Camilla

After we had spent some hours shopping we got picked up by Camilla's host and host-mom who drove us to Off the Grid, which is food trucks that sell international as well as typical american food. We all got pulled pork sandwiches and a cupcake for dessert - yummi!

In the evening my host-mom and host-dad took me to see the beautiful Stanford University where we went for a walk with their two cute puddles. There we saw a chapel, some art, a bookshop and a park among other things. It was a really nice areal - maybe I should go there studying at one point?

Museum at Stanford University

When we got home I got to meet my lovely host-sister who is studying at Berkeley University. I tried tasting almond-milk for the first time, something that I have never tried at home in Denmark, it tasted better than I had thought. In the evening I showed my host-family pictures of my family while telling them about the culture in Denmark.

My host-sister came up to my room late at night and asked me whether I was tired, which I wasn't, and so she took me to a local bar called The Dutch Goose where I taught her how to play pool. Some people at the bar joined us for a few games. It was fun to get to meet some more americans. The night was a lot of fun and so we didn't return until 2 am. On the way back we stopped at a hill to see the view over San Francisco - the view was amazing! It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

//Emilie
   

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar